Old Town of Lijiang : A UNESCO Heritage Site

I will never say no to visiting a UNESCO heritage site and so visiting the Old Town of Lijiang is definitely in my list during the trip. How could i?! Lijiang is a city in the Northwest part of China’s Yunnan Province, home to the Naxi and several other ethnicity minority groups.

My jaw literally dropped as soon as i entered this town. Everything looks almost similar to Dali but a little bit more compact and realistic? if that even makes sense. The streets looked like it came out from the movie, Mulan. The ones where you imagined fighting ninjas on roof. It is so cool!

Below are some shots that mimics the daily life of the locals......




We stayed in Lijiang Laobanzhang Hostel - near the edges of the ancient city and it was quite cozy to start with, however you may want to stay in a strategic location where you do not need to walk to the far end of the other city back to your hostel. Based on my personal experience, walking back to the hostel on a rainy night in the middle of nowhere in the city was grueling. Be forewarned though, walking here is like walking in a maze. Till then, safe travels! x

2 comments:

  1. I will immediately snatch your rss feed as I can not find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please let me understand so that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos illustrating this post. Looks like the kind of place I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Safe travels!

Powered by Blogger.